What do we do at Asbury United Methodist Church?
Along with worshiping together, we work together—and have fun doing it. The work of our church includes spreading God’s word, helping others and experiencing the joys of fellowship and Christian life in community. Some ways we do that are:
- Food. We come together to make, sell and serve pasties, meatball dinners, doughnuts and other delicious fare many times a year. Our pasty sales and meatball dinners are some of the most popular church attractions in the Twin Ports.
- Music. We offer adult and children’s choirs as well as opportunities to celebrate God through performance and song at our regular and contemporary worship services as well as special shows and performances through the year.
- Outreach. We do outreach and mission work in the Northland, in the Upper Midwest and around the world. Our efforts have taken us from Twin Ports neighborhoods and homeless shelters to flood-damaged communities in North Dakota to growing churches in Jamaica and Belize. Outreach and mission work is one of the most satisfying ways to get involved and get connected by helping others.
- Men’s and women’s groups. Our church men and women work together, but they also have special groups where they socialize and take on projects, including building and grounds maintenance, clothing and layette drives for children and families, rummage sales, celebrations and the food efforts mentioned above.
- Christian education. We offer Sunday school and vacation Bible school programs for children as well as confirmation classes for teens and a variety of regular and special Christian education programs for adults.
- Church operations. Good with numbers? Handy with tools? Able to bring people together for projects? Our church has plenty of opportunities for members to use their natural and life-learned talents to further the church’s operations on all fronts.
Interested in working with us? Join us on Sundays, call 218-624-0061 or send us a message. We look forward to connecting you to accomplish the exciting work of Asbury.